If you’re looking for a project for your multimedia broadcast students to do, creating a portfolio of their work could be a great one, not only for them in school, but to use out of school as well.
The JEA Curriculum offers a multi-day lesson plan that includes the following objectives:
- Students will identify different ways to create a portfolio.
- Students will classify different items that should appear in a portfolio.
- Students will evaluate the types of content that should not appear in the portfolio.
- Students will use research to create a PSA.
- Students will evaluate their own work to use in a portfolio.
- Students will combine several projects to create a portfolio.
A downloadable slideshow is available as well as lesson pacing for up to 20 days of class.
This curriculum is available to all JEA members. To access the curriculum, you must be logged in to the JEA Curriculum site. Once you are, you can access this lesson here: Multimedia Broadcast Portfolio
Check out the video here to learn more about the JEA Curriculum. If you’re a member you can login to access the curriculum here. If you’d like more information about the benefits of JEA or if you want to join JEA, you can find more information on JEA.org.